(By Christian Evidence) Some people teach that the Church should prepare for trouble, and had better prepare themselves in order to survive the great tribulation soon to come, just in case, because we might find ourselves in the midst of it. It’s true that we should never think that, since we know Jesus, we’ll not experience anything bad. But it’s not true that the Church should prepare in order to survive the tribulation. The true Church will NOT be in the tribulation, not at all!
1. Believers escaping wrath is taught plainly in scripture. The Bible clearly says in 1 Thessalonians 1:10, 1 Thessalonians 5:9, Luke 21:36, and Revelation 3:10, that believers escape before the Time of Jacob’s Trouble. Read it for yourself!
- The Lord Himself promised to deliver us — Rev 3:10
- The church is to be delivered from the wrath to come — 1 Thess 1:9-10
- Christians are not appointed to wrath — 1 Thess 5:9; 1, Thess 4 & 1 Thess 5:1-2
2. Consistency in symbolism. Noah and his family escape before the Flood comes. As a matter of fact, God commanded Noah and his family to enter the ark seven days before the Flood came (Genesis 7:1-10) just as the Church will escape seven years before God’s wrath is fully poured out. Similarly, Lot and his family escaped from Sodom before the city was destroyed. In particular, Jesus said the last days would be like in the time of Noah and Lot! Why should God make believers go through wrath this time? READ MORE