A man who tweeted about stopping a Muslim ‘women’ (sic) in the street and challenging her to “explain Brussels”, has said he will sue the Metropolitan Police after charges of race-hate against him were dropped. Matthew Doyle, 46, from South Croydon, no longer faces the charge after the Met Police was told it had jumped the gun and did not have the power to make the decision without consulting the Attorney-General or the CPS.

Mr Doyle was due to appear at Camberwell Green Magistrates’ Court on Saturday, but on Friday night the Met police said the charge had been dropped. He has now told The Mail on Sunday he now plans on taking legal action. “I cannot understand why I was detained, my flat trashed, my passport seized and two PCs, two tablets and my phone taken,” he said. READ MORE