A family gathering in Quebec to celebrate the arrival of a new baby boy suddenly turned sour this weekend when someone discovered a piece of a catheter inside ice cream. Three people had already started eating the Coaticook brand ice cream flavored with pecan nuts, chocolate, and double caramel when one of the guests – the new grandfather – felt something hard in his mouth.
He spit it out and saw it was a piece of a catheter. There was something dark on the tip and the family couldn’t tell if it was caramel or blood. “He put it in his mouth and found the tip of the syringe,” Carole-Anne Christofferson told Radio-Canada. “He’s the worst off, the most affected. He’s not even able to speak about it.” READ MORE