Mike-Huckabee-flag-portraitFormer Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee said on Saturday that he was leaving his weekly Fox News show so he can explore a 2016 presidential bid. Huckabee, who vied for the Republican presidential nomination in 2008, announced his decision to leave the show on Facebook, then bid his viewers farewell on his final show Saturday night. “I’m not going to make a decision about running until late in the spring of 2015, but the continued (political) chatter has put Fox News in a position that just isn’t fair to them,” Huckabee said on his show. Fox News has previously ended contracts with national figures considering presidential campaigns, including former U.S. Senator Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania and former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich in 2011. “The honorable thing to do at this point is to end my tenure here at Fox, so I can openly talk with potential donors and supporters and gauge support,” Huckabee said on Facebook. More