(OPINION) ETH – The very first thing the new women’s basketball coach for LSU, Kim Mulkey did as she stood before the microphone on Monday was pull off her face mask as she told the crowd, “Well, I’mma take this da** mask off!” she then tossed it to the side leaving the crowd cheering. According to TheBlaze, it caused an uproar on social media afterward:
- “Does LSU have to pay the buy-out when we learn that she stormed the Capitol?” one commenter quipped.
- “She’s employed by an institution of higher learning. How is this acceptable?” another user wondered.
Well, Kim Mulkey has arrived at LSU pic.twitter.com/iRvNJqObZr
— Meredith Cash (@mercash22) April 26, 2021
- “Does everyone in the south get a carton of cigarettes and an ounce of meth at birth, or is it just in-breeding?” another commenter asked.
- “She just lost any respect that I had for her,” another commenter declared. “Any player with an ounce of ethical standards should go elsewhere. Kim obviously is a Trump supporter and should know something about physiological reactions to viruses! Pathetic.”
- “If I were a parent of a top recruit….no way I send her to play for this lunatic…..probably the most stupid introduction ever,” another user said.
- “@KimMulkey you’re trash. Grow up and start acting like you care about a pandemic that has disproportionately been killing African American people — women with the same color skin as the ones you profit off!” another commenter noted. “I’m so sick of this woman.”