Christians are the most persecuted religious group in the world, according to the Centre for Global Christianity. Speaking on Vatican Radio, Massimo Introvigne, Director of the Centre for Studies on New Religions, said that around half a billion Christians in the world are unable to express their faith completely freely–with around 90,000 killed for their faith in

2016 alone. Mr. Introvigne says about 70 percent of Christians killed in 2016 died in tribal conflicts in Aftrica–many of them Christians who refused to take up arms for reasons of conscience. “The other 30 percent, or 27,000, were killed in terror attacks, the destruction of Christian villages, or government persecution,” he said. READ MORE