Syrian President Bashar al Assad has claimed a US airstrike that killed around 60 of his soldiers was “definitely intentional”. He said US aerial raids lasted an hour and also blamed the United States for the collapse of a ceasefire which was brokered with Russia.

America had admitted responsibility for Saturday’s strike in the Deir al Zour province but claimed it was an accident. The US Central Command said the strike was “halted immediately” when Russian told US forces the personnel and vehicles were in the Syrian military.America said the intended target had been Islamic State forces in the area. READ MORE