For the second time in two weeks, a Texas man has been hospitalized with a flesh-eating bacterial infection after spending a day at the beach with his family. Adrian Ruiz, 42, of Buda, Texas, and his family went on a Father’s Day getaway to Port Aransas, Texas, near Corpus Christi. But Sunday he developed a headache and fever and noticed a red rash on his leg, according to Ruiz’s family.

The cause of the infection was diagnosed later in the week as Vibrio vulnificus bacteria, commonly known as flesh eating because its toxins kill skin cells they come in contact with through existing cuts and scrapes. Ruiz was admitted Monday to Seton Medical Center Hays in Kyle. FULL REPORT